Storage Infrastructure Improvements
Our client provides critical, real-time digital performance and analytics as an Internet services firm for the telecommunications, entertainment and marketing industries, and top-level domain name registry service provider.
The DSS Role
DSS was contracted to provide storage operations advisory and implementation solutions to extract and maximize business value from their Storage investments.
As a vendor neutral IT service provider DSS was able to assess the current environment, collaborate with leadership to understand future needs and demands, develop a proven strategy, design, architect, integrate, perform migrations and optimize their storage infrastructure. We adhered to client change control policies and procedures, used vendor supplied, licensed tools for migration and capacity planning efforts, participated in technical refresh projects.
Client Benefit: Improved Storage Infrastructure from:
- a newly designed and architected Highly Available, fully redundant, multi-site, storage network
solutions that yielded a 30% cost savings in vendor maintenance costs alone
- implementation of a storage reservations system to track, execute and report storage requests
- confidence in the protection and availability of one of its mission critical applications data
- new KPI’s, metrics and reporting for capacity planning, performance and forecasting
- deployment of new plans for archiving, de-duplication, storage virtualization and replication
- creation and deployment of new processes to manage leased and expiring infrastructure
- execution of technical (HW/SW) refresh projects
- new capability for capacity planning based on output from current state analysis